Monday, January 7, 2008

Winter Greens and Potato Casserole

This weekend when it was cold and blustery out I made a recipe C-Fresh had sent to me for Winter Greens and Potato Casserole. I have been intrigued by the whole greens thing (kale, collards, mustard, turnip greens) but have not yet explore cooking with them much. I was surprised at how good this tasted and how easy it was to make. The full original recipe is here .

Of course I did have to modify it a little bit. The grocery store that I went to did not have mustard greens so I had to buy canned. Two 14oz cans should do you just fine for this (it was also cheaper to buy the canned because each can was only 52 cents but a pound of kale was $1.99). Also you can use whatever cheese you want. If you have leftover mozzarella that would work really well too. I also chopped up three cloves of garlic and threw it in with the onions just to add a bit more spice.

No comments: